89-year-old woman beats sword-wielding robber with golf club
An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning
MOSES LAKE, Wash. — An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning in Moses Lake.
Police said the suspect entered Frank’s Superette with a sword. He managed to get away with a cash register and rode-off on a BMX bike according to witnesses.
During the ordeal, the storeowner said she struck the man with a golf club. Her son said she was not injured and later recovered the cash register.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman