89-year-old woman beats sword-wielding robber with golf club
An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning
MOSES LAKE, Wash. — An 89-year-old storeowner used a golf club to fight-off a robbery suspect who was armed with a sword Sunday morning in Moses Lake.
Police said the suspect entered Frank’s Superette with a sword. He managed to get away with a cash register and rode-off on a BMX bike according to witnesses.
During the ordeal, the storeowner said she struck the man with a golf club. Her son said she was not injured and later recovered the cash register.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police