Neb. officer stabbed multiple times, suspect arrested
Officer was called on near a convenience store Thursday and told of a man trespassing
By PoliceOne Staff
OMAHA, Neb. — An Omaha officer is in serious condition after being stabbed by a suspect while investigating a disturbance.
WOWT reports the officer was called on near a convenience store Thursday and told of a man trespassing.
The officer approached 29-year-old Gary Jackson and was stabbed multiple times.
A second officer arrested Jackson. The injured officer was transported to a local hospital and is in serious but stable condition.
Jackson has been charged with attempted murder and use of a weapon to commit a felony.
Jackson was released a year early from jail last September on an attempted robbery sentence, according to KETV.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house