Neb. officer stabbed multiple times, suspect arrested
Officer was called on near a convenience store Thursday and told of a man trespassing
By PoliceOne Staff
OMAHA, Neb. — An Omaha officer is in serious condition after being stabbed by a suspect while investigating a disturbance.
WOWT reports the officer was called on near a convenience store Thursday and told of a man trespassing.
The officer approached 29-year-old Gary Jackson and was stabbed multiple times.
A second officer arrested Jackson. The injured officer was transported to a local hospital and is in serious but stable condition.
Jackson has been charged with attempted murder and use of a weapon to commit a felony.
Jackson was released a year early from jail last September on an attempted robbery sentence, according to KETV.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court