FULL LIST OF Emergency Articles
U.S. police assess emergency response tactics after Paris attacks–
Counterterrorism experts say well-coordinated assaults carried out by foreigners are less likely in the U.S.
Denver police investigate dispatch, 911 response time after killing–
Police officials said internal investigation will focus on the time it took officers to respond to the home, and whether dispatchers properly prioritized call
FCC: Thousands of hotels don't offer direct 911–
The killing of Kari Hunt Dunn spurred a petition that has garnered more than 440,000 signatures demanding hotels and motels be required to enable the direct dialing of 911
Report: Emergency communications failed in LAX shooting–
An LAX police dispatcher who received a call seconds after a gunman opened fire last year didn't know where to send officers because no one was on the line
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
Flow chart: What type of credit card should you pick?
According to PoliceOne data, LEOs are 1.23 times more likely than other consumers to have a credit card. Are you selecting the correct one?