Pa. agencies provide hero's escort for terminally ill boy
Many of the officers who helped give boy a hero’s escort home did so on their own time. They volunteered for no pay
By Todd Quinones
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. — A terminally-ill boy from Delaware County received a hero’s police escort welcome home Tuesday afternoon from a trip with his family in Walt Disney World.
Numerous Delaware County police agencies participated in a police escort together and honored three-year-old Brayden Chandler, of Springfield Township.
Many of the police officers who helped give Brayden a hero’s escort home did so on their own time. They volunteered for no pay.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help