2007 statistics on officer deaths released
The casket of Philadelphia police Officer Sgt. Patrick McDonald, 30, is taken from Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul after funeral services in Philadelphia, Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2008. McDonald was fatally shot as he chased a man on foot after a traffic stop last week. An officer responding to McDonald's distress call killed the gunman in a shootout a short time later. (AP Photo)
Provided by the Federal Bureau of Investigation
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 2007 statistics on officer deaths released
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops