N.J. police crack lucrative drug ring
By Alexander MacInnes
Passaic Herald News
TOTOWA — The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office, along with federal drug agents, cracked a sophisticated drug ring in which members used secret hiding compartments to hold up to 2.5 kilograms of heroin, guns and $45,000 in cash, authorities said Monday.
County investigators and agents from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency raided two Newark apartments after months of surveillance over the weekend and seized up to $500,000 worth of heroin packages that authorities believed was to be delivered throughout Passaic County and North Jersey.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. police crack lucrative drug ring
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic