N.J. police crack lucrative drug ring
By Alexander MacInnes
Passaic Herald News
TOTOWA — The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office, along with federal drug agents, cracked a sophisticated drug ring in which members used secret hiding compartments to hold up to 2.5 kilograms of heroin, guns and $45,000 in cash, authorities said Monday.
County investigators and agents from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency raided two Newark apartments after months of surveillance over the weekend and seized up to $500,000 worth of heroin packages that authorities believed was to be delivered throughout Passaic County and North Jersey.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. police crack lucrative drug ring
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman