Ex-officer admits taking cash from evidence
By Jerome Burdi
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — Former Detective Aurelio Rodriguez slipped into a downward spiral he found hard to break, stealing about $8,000 from police evidence funds over a year or so, he told investigators.
Rodriguez, 57, resigned in December - 23 years after being hired - and gave up his law enforcement credentials to avoid being charged and prosecuted, April records show.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-officer admits taking cash from evidence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy