Ex-officer admits taking cash from evidence
By Jerome Burdi
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. — Former Detective Aurelio Rodriguez slipped into a downward spiral he found hard to break, stealing about $8,000 from police evidence funds over a year or so, he told investigators.
Rodriguez, 57, resigned in December - 23 years after being hired - and gave up his law enforcement credentials to avoid being charged and prosecuted, April records show.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-officer admits taking cash from evidence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help