In one Texas town, officers serve double duty
By Marissa Millender
Times Record News
WICHITA FALLS, Texas — The heated moments of a double murder have settled, and Officer John Laughlin was part of the team that was a key ingredient in saving the third victim’s life when the Wichita Falls Police Department’s Special Weapons and Tactics team entered the home. But Laughlin, a sniper with the WFPD SWAT team, can’t pack up and go back to his Sunday morning routine — it’s time to get to work fulfilling the duties of his main job as a detective.
“Last weekend, I was activated for the SWAT call at Rene Circle. I participated with the rescue of that woman,” he said. “As soon as everything was made safe, it’s time to put my SWAT gear up and return to the scene with my clipboard and begin the investigation.”
Laughlin is among the many officers in the WFPD who serves double duty — or more.
Read full story: Wichita Falls officers wear many hats [pictures included]
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy