NM city gets $1 million in leftover cash from police evidence room
The money has sat unclaimed for at least 10 years
By Dan McKay
ALBUQUERQUE — Albuquerque's operating budget for next year will get a $1.1 million shot in the arm from an unexpected source — leftover cash from the police evidence room.
Attorneys recently decided the money, which has sat unclaimed for at least 10 years, is available for city use, and has been included in the $475 million budget the City Council will vote on Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper