Police irked by misinformation following suicide
Investigation of bullied teen case hampered by rumours
By Dene Moore
The Hamilton Spectator
ONTARIO, Canada — Online rumours and scams linked to the tragic case of Amanda Todd are delaying the police investigation of her case, RCMP said Tuesday.
Sergeant Peter Thiessen said one of those rumours is an "unfounded allegation" identifying a man purported to be the tormentor of the 15-year-old.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police irked by misinformation following suicide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert