Fingerprint system speeds arrests in Ohio
2 dozen cases have been solved in a year, and 7 arrests have been made
The Columbus Dispatch
WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Westerville's latest crime-fighting tool has helped clear about two-dozen investigations after a year on the job.
The Automated Fingerprint Identification System most recently cracked a car-theft case that had been frustrating neighbors along a quiet street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fingerprint system speeds arrests in Ohio
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter