Fingerprint system speeds arrests in Ohio
2 dozen cases have been solved in a year, and 7 arrests have been made
The Columbus Dispatch
WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Westerville's latest crime-fighting tool has helped clear about two-dozen investigations after a year on the job.
The Automated Fingerprint Identification System most recently cracked a car-theft case that had been frustrating neighbors along a quiet street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fingerprint system speeds arrests in Ohio
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department