Chief's assistant copied scandal video fearing cover-up
After the deputy chief in question decontaminated the girl for a fourth time, he asked the assitant for a copy of the video so he could secure it
By Lou Grieco and Mark Gokavi
Dayton Daily News
MIAMI TWP, Ohio — An administrative assistant to the Miami Twp. police chief was so concerned about a possible cover up of the deputy chief's decontamination of a naked 17-year-old girl who'd been pepper-sprayed that she made a second copy of a video of the incident, the assistant told investigators.
Police Chief Chris Krug, in his report on the decontamination of the teen, described Deputy Chief Major John DiPietro as "very nonchalant'' on July 12, the day of the incident. Krug launched an investigation after a township official asked him to look further into it a week after it happened.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house