Police searching for man who stole 384 lbs. of meat
Surveillance video shows the perp using a shopping cart to haul away the marinated meat from a restaurant
CHICAGO — Chicago police are looking for a man who stole nearly 400 pounds of marinated meat last month from a restaurant on the city's North Side.
Restaurant manager Majid Mustafa said someone entered through the alley and slipped through an iron gate to gain entrance to the basement and the walk-in cooler where the restaurant's chef marinates the meat overnight.
Surveillance video from the alley shows the suspect unsuccessfully trying to haul the food away on a bike. He then finds a shopping cart and takes off with the cargo in tow.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter