Police searching for man who stole 384 lbs. of meat
Surveillance video shows the perp using a shopping cart to haul away the marinated meat from a restaurant
CHICAGO — Chicago police are looking for a man who stole nearly 400 pounds of marinated meat last month from a restaurant on the city's North Side.
Restaurant manager Majid Mustafa said someone entered through the alley and slipped through an iron gate to gain entrance to the basement and the walk-in cooler where the restaurant's chef marinates the meat overnight.
Surveillance video from the alley shows the suspect unsuccessfully trying to haul the food away on a bike. He then finds a shopping cart and takes off with the cargo in tow.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform