Mo. police search home in probe of NFL stadium death
Detectives received information that evidence related to the man's death is at a home in Independence
By Dave Skretta
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police say officers are searching a suburban Kansas City home in connection with the death of a man found unconscious in the stadium parking lot during Sunday's Chiefs-Broncos game.
Police spokesman Darin Snapp said Monday that detectives received information that evidence related to the man's death is at the home in Independence.
Snapp says officers called to the scene Sunday evening in the parking lot outside Arrowhead Stadium found the man unconscious in a vehicle that wasn't his. He says the man had apparently had an altercation with the vehicle's owner.
An autopsy will determine how the man died. Police haven't released his name but say he's in his mid-20s.
Three people were taken into custody for questioning and were expected to be released later Monday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house