Smiths Detection introduces Target-ID to identify drugs onsite
Portable device offers a forensic lab in the palm of your hand
By PoliceOne Staff
Target-ID is the first fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy system developed specifically for field deployed narcotics identification that will be released in 10 language configurations.
The device weighs in at 5.4 pounds and measures art 10.05 x 6.15 x 3.87 inch. Target ID is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers 4 hours of operation on a single charge.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests