Smiths Detection introduces Target-ID to identify drugs onsite
Portable device offers a forensic lab in the palm of your hand
By PoliceOne Staff
Target-ID is the first fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy system developed specifically for field deployed narcotics identification that will be released in 10 language configurations.
The device weighs in at 5.4 pounds and measures art 10.05 x 6.15 x 3.87 inch. Target ID is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers 4 hours of operation on a single charge.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic