FULL LIST OF Excited Delirium Topics
NYC union: Cops not to blame for in-custody drug death–
45-year-old was high on PCP and had been acting erratic in a taxi when officers responding to a 911 call restrained him. He was headed to a hospital when he went into cardiac arrest and died
Reality Training: How to handle excited delirium cases–
For the week of August 1, we review Dave Smith's discussion on the condition of excited delirium and the traits that are common in cases of excited delirium. This is a medical emergency that can put the community at risk at times. Dave presents a video of an excited delirium case that from Appleton, WI as an example of how to properly handle an intense case of this type.
Video: Naked man jumps into Texas woman's car, attacks her–
Report describes suspect's condition as "excited delirium"
Excited Delirium: A Medical Emergency–
Lt. Michael Paulus talks about the importance of recognizing excited delerium for the medical emergency it is.
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help