Calif. bomb squad robot destroys suspicious device
By Doane Yawger
The Merced Sun-Star
MERCED, Calif. — For the third time in about three weeks, Merced police had to use their remote- control robot Wednesday afternoon to destroy a suspicious-looking explosive device on West 28th Street near Bear Creek.
A city public works employee discovered the baseball-sized spherical object covered with black electrical and blue masking tape and two 12-inch speaker wires about 2:32 p.m. The Merced Police Department's bomb squad destroyed the device at 4:25 p.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police