4 S.C. men arrested for planning to bomb school
By Tony Graham and Andrew Dys
YORK, South Carolina — A York County man, his son and nephew are among four men arrested Thursday after authorities said they planned to detonate a bomb at a Charlotte school to divert police so they could rob a credit union.
The men planned to rob a Founders Federal Credit Union branch on Westinghouse Boulevard in Charlotte, York County Sheriff Bruce Bryant said during a press conference Thursday at the sheriff's office in York.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 4 S.C. men arrested for planning to bomb school
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help