Utah police fear children touched bombs in a field
By Ben Winslow
Deseret Morning News
ROY, Utah — Police fear that children may have picked up dozens of pipe bombs dumped in a field behind a convenience store.
Some of the bombs were discovered Tuesday after the arrest of a wanted burglar led police to another man they say made dozens of explosive devices that were dumped at a Layton carwash and here in this Weber County suburb.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help