Fla. bomb scare may have been part of man's costume
By Elaine Aradillas and Amy L. Edwards
The Orlando Sentinel
ST. CLOUD — A fake bomb that caused a scare at a construction site Monday may have been part of a man's party costume, officials said.
Osceola County authorities asked nearby residents to evacuate and closed a portion of U.S. Highway 192 for more than three hours while they investigated the device and found it to be harmless.
"Numerous staff, time and resources were spent investigating this false claim," said Twis Lizasuain, spokeswoman for the Osceola County Sheriff's Office. "It's frustrating because it takes away from real incidents and crimes that could be investigated."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman