ATF agent fatally shoots man selling explosives
By Matthew Nestel
NEW YORK — A federal agent shot and killed a man suspected of peddling explosives yesterday as he tried to flee in a car, dragging the agent down a Bronx street, law enforcement sources said.
The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent was not seriously hurt in the 6 p.m. shooting at 136th Street near Willis Avenue in Mott Haven. He was treated at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center in Manhattan.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: ATF agent fatally shoots man selling explosives
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house