Suspect at Orlando airport planned to build bomb
By Jim Leusner
The Orlando Sentinel
ORLANDO — The man accused of trying to carry bomb components onto a airplane at Orlando International Airport told investigators he going to blow up a tree stump in Jamaica, but later said he was going to show friends how to build explosives "like he saw in Iraq."
Those details and a few others emerged today as a federal judge today ordered Kevin Brown, 32, temporarily held without bail during a brief hearing in Orlando this morning. He is charged with attempting to carry an explosive or incendiary device onto an aircraft.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspect at Orlando airport planned to build bomb
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests