Ky. department seeks grants to improve radio systems, bomb squad
By Joanie Baker
OWENSBORO, Ky. — The Owensboro Police Department is seeking more than $8 million in grants from the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to enhance technology for the anticipated converged 911 center and other departmental improvements.
Commissioners today will look to authorize the application for grants that, if awarded, would provide additional equipment to OPD's Bomb Squad and complete the installation of mobile data terminals in police cruisers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court