Theft of 5,000 lbs of fireworks worries Chicago cops
By Dan Rozek
CHICAGO — The recent theft of at least 5,000 pounds of high-powered, commercial-grade fireworks from a storage facility has DuPage County authorities worried that the missing shells, in the hands of an amateur, could be deadly.
With July 4th approaching, officials fear the powerful shells will end up being fired off in backyards and local parks -- where they could cause serious injuries or death because users don't know how to safely ignite them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform