Bomb instructions on Facebook targeted abortion clinics
The 26-year-old will plead guilty to distributing information on making and using explosives
GREENSBORO, NC — A North Carolina man who used his Facebook page to urge violence against abortion clinics is pleading guilty to federal charges of passing bomb-making instructions to an informant.
Justin Carl Moose signed a plea bargain with prosecutors. Documents filed in federal court in Greensboro show the 26-year-old will plead guilty to distributing information on making and using explosives.
Court documents say Moose posted links and instructions on making bombs to his Facebook page. In other Facebook posts, the 26-year-old called himself a "freedom fighter" and said he wanted to end abortion by any means necessary.
A sentencing date has not yet been scheduled. Moose faces up to 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court