NM police set to enforce fireworks bans
Saturation news coverage about wildfires in New Mexico appears to have to put a damper on fireworks sales
By Olivier Uyttebrouck
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Gov. Susana Martinez issued an executive order Wednesday directing State Police to help local law agencies enforce fireworks bans and restrictions across the state.
Meanwhile, voluntary efforts to limit the availability of fireworks seemed to gather momentum Wednesday when Smith's Stores announced it would suspend fireworks sales and a Facebook campaign for a fireworks boycott gained followers this week.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM police set to enforce fireworks bans
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman