Marathon of threats exhaust Pa. police, K-9s
Since Feb. 13 there have been more than 40 bomb threats at the University of Pittsburgh campus
By Jill King Greenwood
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
They've become known as the "Pitt police dogs," but they've come from dozens of law enforcement agencies all over Western Pennsylvania.
The police dogs, including German shepherds, Labrador retrievers and Belgian Malinois, have worked more than 40 bomb threats at all hours on the University of Pittsburgh campus since Feb. 13, capturing the hearts of people in the campus community.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Marathon of threats exhaust Pa. police, K-9s
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house