Marathon of threats exhaust Pa. police, K-9s
Since Feb. 13 there have been more than 40 bomb threats at the University of Pittsburgh campus
By Jill King Greenwood
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
They've become known as the "Pitt police dogs," but they've come from dozens of law enforcement agencies all over Western Pennsylvania.
The police dogs, including German shepherds, Labrador retrievers and Belgian Malinois, have worked more than 40 bomb threats at all hours on the University of Pittsburgh campus since Feb. 13, capturing the hearts of people in the campus community.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Marathon of threats exhaust Pa. police, K-9s
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms