Parking pay station explodes, injures Seattle man
The man told officers he was walking with a friend when a device attached to a parking pay station detonated
By PoliceOne Staff
SEATTLE — A man says he was injured by an explosive device attached to a parking pay station that detonated as he walked by.
A hospital in Ballard called police around 12:30 a.m. Sunday to report that a man had been hurt in an explosion, according to KIRO TV.
The man told responding officers that he was walking with a friend when he heard an explosion, then noticed his arm was bleeding. He said the pair got the attention of a car nearby that took them to the hospital for treatment.
Detectives say the incident "appears to be an act of vandalism gone awry." An investigation is ongoing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms