Va. pipe bomb suspect arrested after police chase
Suspect threw several pipe bombs at officers, took off on foot before being arrested
By Carol Cratty
WASHINGTON — A man suspected in three pipe bomb attacks in Virginia was arrested in Montana Thursday after a police chase, law enforcement officials said.
Laurence Stewart II allegedly threw several pipe bombs at law enforcement officers during the pursuit. According to a press release issued by the Stafford County Virginia Sheriff's Office, officers disabled Stewart's car and he was captured as he tried to run away on foot armed with a handgun. It appears no shots were fired.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform