Va. pipe bomb suspect arrested after police chase
Suspect threw several pipe bombs at officers, took off on foot before being arrested
By Carol Cratty
WASHINGTON — A man suspected in three pipe bomb attacks in Virginia was arrested in Montana Thursday after a police chase, law enforcement officials said.
Laurence Stewart II allegedly threw several pipe bombs at law enforcement officers during the pursuit. According to a press release issued by the Stafford County Virginia Sheriff's Office, officers disabled Stewart's car and he was captured as he tried to run away on foot armed with a handgun. It appears no shots were fired.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house