Va. pipe bomb suspect arrested after police chase
Suspect threw several pipe bombs at officers, took off on foot before being arrested
By Carol Cratty
WASHINGTON — A man suspected in three pipe bomb attacks in Virginia was arrested in Montana Thursday after a police chase, law enforcement officials said.
Laurence Stewart II allegedly threw several pipe bombs at law enforcement officers during the pursuit. According to a press release issued by the Stafford County Virginia Sheriff's Office, officers disabled Stewart's car and he was captured as he tried to run away on foot armed with a handgun. It appears no shots were fired.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help