2 arrested in Irish cop car bomb attempt
Police say the officer and his wife and children were getting ready to leave for Sunday lunch when they discovered a bomb under the family car
LONDON — Police in Northern Ireland have arrested two men in connection with the attempted murder of a police officer in east Belfast.
Police said Tuesday the men — aged 25 and 34 — were arrested late Monday in the Belfast area. They have not been identified. The arrests are part of the investigation into an attempt to kill an off-duty police officer at his home in east Belfast.
Police say the officer and his wife and children were getting ready to leave for Sunday lunch when they discovered a bomb under the family car.
Belfast has been hit by a serious increase in sectarian violence in recent weeks.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds