San Francisco police: Man set fire to girlfriend
Police are looking for the man suspected of throwing a flammable liquid at his girlfriend and setting her on fire Sunday
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco police are looking for a man suspected of throwing a flammable liquid at his girlfriend and setting her on fire.
Officer Carlos Manfredi says witnesses in the city's Bayview District reported hearing the woman screaming on Sunday. She was taken to a hospital burn unit.
Investigators believe her attacker was 22-year-old Dexter Oliver.
Manfredi says Oliver had a "dating relationship" with the woman, but he did not know the circumstances that led to the attack.
The victim's sister, Precious Craig, told KGO-TV that Oliver used gasoline and lit the woman on fire during an argument at a nearby Laundromat.
Craig says most of her sister's face was burnt, but the family expects her to recover.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms