Video shows officers finding UCF plotter's body in dorm
Video shows the officers check each room in the suite until they find the alleged plotter's body
By PoliceOne Staff
ORLANDO, Fla. — Video shows officers entering the dorm room of the suspected bomb plotter who killed himself in his University of Central Florida dorm room Monday morning as police arrived.
Police checked each individual room until they found James Oliver Seevakumaran’s lifeless body on the floor, along with firearms and improvised explosives.
Seevakumaran died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, leading police to believe they foiled his plans by responding to fire alarms and a 911 call regarding an armed man, before the 30-year-old student had a chance to attack, according to the Associated Press.
Authorities assume the alarm was pulled to gather students in one area, where the gunman would make his assault.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight