Tips leads police to Ala. bank robbery suspect
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- A tip led authorities early Sunday to arrest a man suspected of robbing a Fairfield bank.
FBI spokesman Paul Daymond said 40-year-old Kerry Calhoun was arrested at 3 a.m. at a house in Birmingham.
He said Calhoun was arrested on outstanding warrants but will be charged Monday in the robbery of the AmSouth Bank in Fairfield.
Daymond declined to reveal details on the outstanding warrants.
The robbery happened Saturday. A man walked into the bank and presented a note to the teller and left with an undisclosed amount of money.
Daymond said money was not recovered and that part of the case is still being investigated.
The FBI's Violent Crimes Task Force and the Birmingham Police participated in the arrest.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy