Pa.: Drug bust cache includes a dozen guns
By Tyra Braden
The Morning Call
"Generally, I'm not big on show-and-tell," Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli said Thursday at a news conference, "but I thought this was important." Morganelli, flanked by Dennis Mihalopoulos of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and Palmer Township police Chief Bruce Fretz, had displayed the arsenal and drugs on a conference table in his office. "I want to drive home the point today of what's out there on the street" and what police must deal with, Morganelli said. "People wonder why there are shootings out there every night."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa.: Drug bust cache includes a dozen guns
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help