FBI lost girl's bones after being sent to lab
By Alfonso A. Castillo
First, Jennifer Shafiq was killed by her parents, authorities say. Then her body was dumped by the side of the Long Island Expressway 17 years ago. And now, attorneys believe that federal investigators lost some of her remains.
Bones and teeth believed to belong to the 4-year-old girl, who was found 11 years ago buried in a shallow grave alongside the Long Island Expressway, have been lost, attorneys in the case against the child's parents said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI lost girl's bones after being sent to lab
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops