Secret Fla. site houses high-tech law unit
By Jim Leusner
The Orlando Sentinel
ORLANDO — Somewhere in a nondescript Orlando building, a group of intelligence analysts are helping to detect terrorist activities in nine area counties.
The Central Florida Intelligence Exchange "fusion center" offers a high-tech, early warning system for terrorism, like this $100 million state-of-the-art communications center (above) in Washington, D.C. (AP Photo/Chris Greenberg)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Secret Fla. site houses high-tech law unit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house