DEA launches wide-ranging steroids busts
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The government says an 18-month-long investigation of illicit steroid labs has resulted in more than 120 arrests.
The agency says 56 laboratories were seized for manufacturing anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.
The number of steroid doses seized in the raids amounted to 11.4 million.
Officials say investigators seized over 500 pounds of raw powder originating in China that is used to manufacture steroids.
News conferences by law enforcement officials are planned in several cities.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court