DEA launches wide-ranging steroids busts
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The government says an 18-month-long investigation of illicit steroid labs has resulted in more than 120 arrests.
The agency says 56 laboratories were seized for manufacturing anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.
The number of steroid doses seized in the raids amounted to 11.4 million.
Officials say investigators seized over 500 pounds of raw powder originating in China that is used to manufacture steroids.
News conferences by law enforcement officials are planned in several cities.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform