FBI reviewing only one Las Vegas police shooting
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Copyright 2006 DR Partners d/b/a Las Vegas Review-Journal
All Rights Reserved
Contrary to prior news reports, the FBI is not investigating the increase in the number of shootings by Las Vegas police. The agency is conducting a civil rights investigation into one officer-involved shooting by the Metropolitan Police Department this year, but officials won't say which one.
David Staretz, spokesman for the FBI's Las Vegas offices, said Sunday that the investigation includes reviewing the Clark County coroner's inquest and the police department's investigation of the shooting to determine whether any of the victim's civil rights were violated.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI reviewing only one Las Vegas police shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman