FBI downplays terror threat warning for malls
By Jeff Coen
Tribune staff reporter
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — FBI officials said there is no credible or specific warning that Los Angeles is under threat of terrorism activity over the holiday shopping season after the bureau today circulated a notice on shopping malls being targeted.
The FBI communication to law enforcement agencies indicated Al Qaeda could be planning attacks on U.S. shopping malls over the holidays, including those in Los Angeles and Chicago. The communication did not mention specific malls.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI downplays terror threat warning for malls
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy