Informant speaks out on FBI investigation of Atlanta narc officers
'I just wanted to drift off. I wanted to disappear.'
By RHONDA COOK
ATLANTA, Ga. — Alex White maintained a year ago he was a "hero" and risked his livelihood and life when he told federal authorities Atlanta cops were trying to cover up the truth about an elderly woman's death in a botched drug raid.
Atlanta Police Det. J. Owens, left, steps over the police tape as Det. C. Faircloth follows at the home of 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2006 in Atlanta.(AP Photo/Ric Feld)
"I am a hero," White said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house