El Paso police leader nominated for U.S. Marshal
President Obama nominates Robert R. Almonte to be U.S. Marshal for Texas' Western District
By Ramon Bracamontes
El Paso Times
EL PASO — President Barack Obama wants El Pasoan Robert R. Almonte to be the new U.S. Marshal for the Western District of Texas.
Obama nominated Almonte on Thursday. The U.S. Senate still has to confirm Almonte, 53, who is executive director of the Texas Narcotics Officers Association and a former deputy chief of the El Paso Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: El Paso police leader nominated for U.S. Marshal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house