FBI, ATF aid in Mexico car bomb investigation
By Diana Washington Valdez
The El Paso Times
Experts with the FBI and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are helping Mexican authorities with their investigation of the July 15 car bombing in Juarez that killed three people.
"The FBI sent a small team to the crime scene to consult with our Mexican counterparts and we have offered them technical assistance with the car bombing," El Paso FBI Special Agent Andrea Simmons said Sunday. "We would only be involved if the Mexican government asked for our assistance in some way."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI, ATF aid in Mexico car bomb investigation
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds