Lawmakers urged to take safety precautions
Security alert follows the attack on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and members of her staff in Tucson
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Capitol Police force is advising members of the House and their aides to "take reasonable and prudent precautions" about their own security in the wake of a congresswoman's shooting in Arizona.
In an e-mail obtained by The Associated Press, the Capitol Police say they are directly involved in the investigation of Saturday's shooting in Tucson, Arizona, of Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
The notice says federal, state and local law enforcement authorities are involved in the investigation.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman