FBI roundup exposes modern-day Mafia
Crimes include murder, extortion, gambling, drug dealing, and the corruption of labor unions
By George Anastasia
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — The names have changed, but the games are the same.
That's the assessment in law enforcement and underworld circles nearly two weeks after a massive FBI mob roundup in which 127 alleged organized crime members and associates were arrested.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI roundup exposes modern-day Mafia
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman