Holder says bin Laden death marks historic progress
By Pete Yost
WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric Holder has told Congress that the killing of Osama bin Laden marks historic progress by the U.S. government in protecting the American people from terrorism.
Holder's comments to the House Judiciary Committee marked the first appearance before Congress by an Obama administration Cabinet official since the mission targeting bin Laden was carried out successfully.
The attorney general told the Republican-controlled House Judiciary Committee that the successful completion of the hunt for bin Laden was the result of an almost decade-long effort that spanned two administrations.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms