Hacker group 'Anonymous' hits FBI
Anonymous explained via Twitter that the attack was in retaliation for the FBI's crackdown on Megaupload.com, alleged to be a source of online piracy
By Andrew Wallenstein and Ted Johnson
WASHINGTON — As the debate over antipiracy legislation rages on in Congress and cyberspace, the feds are taking aim at a website alleged to be one of the world's most popular sources of online piracy.
Megaupload.com was shut down by a federal indictment issued Thursday. The FBI, which led the investigation, characterized the indictment as "among the largest criminal copyright cases ever brought by the United States."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Hacker group 'Anonymous' hits FBI
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman