Feds investigate 'bottle bombs'
One of the "bottle bombs" exploded Monday inside a Penny Saver box
By Kelli Scopcynski
South Bend Tribune
GRANGER — Agents of the FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are now investigating at least four reported incidents of explosive devices found in Granger mail and paper boxes and the possibility that they could be connected.
One of the "bottle bombs" exploded Monday inside a Penny Saver box at the home of Brendan Mullen, a Democrat running against Jackie Walorski for the 2nd District congressional seat. Mullen said he actually saw a black car pull up to his paper box around 4:45 p.m. Monday, put something inside and speed off.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Feds investigate 'bottle bombs'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform