Officer forced to hand over gun in Tenn. robbery
The armed suspect ordered the officer to lie on the ground and unload the ammunition from his Glock 31 service weapon
The Daily Times
NEWPORT, Tenn. — Authorities are searching for two men who robbed a Newport bank at gunpoint Wednesday afternoon.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Newport Police Department are investigating the armed robbery of the Tennessee State Bank in Newport. Two men, one armed with an assault-type rifle, entered the bank and demanded money, according to a news release from the FBI.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer forced to hand over gun in Tenn. robbery
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform