FBI joins probe of Utah police department
The FBI is assisting with several separate but overlapping investigations, including possible drug corruption
Deseret Morning News
West Valley police call on FBI to investigate their drug unit
The fatal officer-involved shooting of Danielle Willard and other issues plaguing the West Valley Police Department has now resulted in requests for two independent FBI investigations. The department announced Wednesday that it has asked the FBI to conduct an investigation of its drug unit to determine whether there is "systemic corruption."
At the same time, the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office also asked the FBI to look into West Valley's issues for their own investigation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI joins probe of Utah police department
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court