Restaurant robber settles for sandwich after failing to open register
Suspect stole a sub and cash from a tip jar after trying unsuccessfully to open register
By Susan Jacobson
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — A man who tried to steal money from a cash register at an Orange County Subway Monday had to settle for a sub and cash from a tip jar, security video shows.
The man walked into the restaurant at 2934 W. Oak Ridge Road about 2:10 p.m. and ordered a sandwich, a Sheriff's Office report shows.
He leaned over the counter and told the clerk who was making his food that he had a knife, and she activated a panic alarm and ran to the back of the store "screaming for her boss," according to the report.
The man tried unsuccessfully to open the register, grabbed the tip money and ran out with his sub, video shows. No one was hurt.
Copyright 2014 The Orlando Sentinel
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests